Registration of teams must be made by a designated staff member of the institute/college/organization only.
- The registration process is pretty simple. All you need to do is…
- Visit www.rajkotsmartcityhackathon.com
- Create a team id for your institute/college/organization
- Fill all the required fields
- Don’t forget to click ‘Submit’
How should we form a team?
- All team members should be from same institute/college/organization; no inter- institute/college/organization teams are allowed. However, members from different branches of the same college/ institute can form a team.
- Each team would comprise of 6 members with at least 1 female member. An all-female team is perfect too!
- Want to promote your team on social media? We permit an additional member per team to exclusively work on social media promotions.
- All members MUST be well versed with programming skills.
- Colleges must issue a letter on their letterhead stating the names of the team and team members.
- The team leader’s name should be clearly specified in the letter.
- Clearly communicate the email-ids and mobile numbers of all team members as well.
- The letter should bear the seal of the institute/college/organization or along with signature of the principal.
- A scanned copy of this letter in PDF form is to be mandatorily submitted during online application process.
How do we submit our idea?
- Please note: Idea submission must be made by a designated staff member of the institute/college/organization only.
- Submission dates should be strictly followed. No exceptions will be made.
- Submission is required to be done on Rajkot Smart City Hackathon - 2017 Website in the prescribed format. The format is available on Downloads Section
- After login, fill in all the required details for submission of the idea.
- Entries to be sent only in the prescribed format; otherwise they are bound to get rejected.
- Upload the PPT in the prescribed format, stating the idea and letter from the institute/college/organization (as stated above) to complete the application process.
What is a selection criteria?
- Evaluation criteria will include novelty of the idea, complexity, clarity and details in the prescribed format, feasibility, practicability, sustainability, scale of impact, user experience and potential for future work progression
- Preferences will be given to entries from Rajkot while selecting between two similar ideas.
When/where will the shortlisted ideas be announced?
- Notification about selected teams will be sent to the registered team leader through email.
- Keep a track of all announcements and updates on www.rajkotsmartcityhackathon.com
General information regarding the Grand Finale
- If a team is selected for the final Hackathon, members will need to travel to the venue of event. Venue for the event is available on www.rajkotsmartcityhackathon.com
- Selected teams will be allowed to have 2 seniors as mentors. Mentors can be professors/teachers/experienced professionals from industry. On selection, total team size will be (6+2) excluding the one who promotes your team on the social media.
- Transportation facility will be provided from Rajkot by Darshan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Accommodation of the teams for the finale will be the Hackathon venue.
- Each institute/college/organization will issue a stamped photo ID to each member of the teams selected.
- College photo ID is mandatory for participating in the finale.
What are the prizes to be won?
Prizes for the top winners under different categories are
- 1st prize - Rs.1,25,000/-
- 1st runner up - Rs.1,00,000/-
- 2nd runner up - Rs.50,000/-
- 5 Consolidated prices each of Rs.25,000/-
- Intellectual property (IP) of the idea would belong to the Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC), Team members will make their product available for free for the RMC.
- Selected ideas need to be further developed so that they can be productized before the RMC will be able to utilize it; more efforts beyond the finale are required from the selected teams thereafter.